Tuesday 11 November 2014

Digipak Format Research

Digipaks typically consist of a gate fold (book-style) paperboard or card stock outer binding, with one or more plastic trays capable of holding a CD or DVD attached to the inside.
Since Digipaks were among the first alternatives to jewel cases to be used by major record companies, and because there is no other common name for Digipak-style packaging made by other companies, the term Digipak or Digi-Pak is often used generically.

                                                               

As you can see from the images above a Digipak needs to be well designed and have information about the song or album so therefore if i choose to create a Digipak for my chosen song i will have to do some research into the song.
There are many different designs of Digipak. some have 3 pages as you can see from the image above but other Digipaks could have between 2 and 5 pages. This means i have to consider what genre of music has normally a certain amount of pages in order to cater for my target market.
















What I have learnt from these images is that I can either have information about the album or specific song or I can have images that I feel relate to the album or specific song within the album. So looking at these images has shown me that i can have a variety of features on my Digipak if i choose to create one.

No comments:

Post a Comment